Heads up, folks – today we’re launching the first round of ticket sales for the UK’s first Cycle Touring Festival!
Earlybird tickets are discounted, but there’s a limited quantity available, so I suggest you get in there early before word gets out.
[UPDATE: Earlybird tickets are now sold out – but lots of regular priced tickets are still available!]
Here’s everything you’ll need to know about the event:
- The festival is on 1–3 May 2015 at Waddow Hall, Clitheroe, Lancashire (this is the first May bank holiday weekend).
- Our aim is to bring together and grow the cycle touring community, with talks and workshops and like‐minded people to inspire you to plan your own adventure.
- Earlybird tickets are priced at £65. Once they’re gone, higher‐priced regular tickets will become available. The event is non‐profit and all the organisers are volunteers.
- Tickets include camping space and facilities on Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd May, lunch on Saturday / Sunday and dinner on Saturday night, plus access to all the talks and workshops.
- You can upgrade to B&B accommodation and/or stay on the Sunday night, too, to take advantage of the Bank Holiday Monday.
- Details of the programme and confirmed speakers can be found here. (More to come!)
- If you’re not yet decided about coming, you can sign up for email updates here or follow the official festival Twitter account.
- Did I mention? Earlybird tickets go on sale today.
As an added incentive to come to the festival and to set a date for leaving on your own adventure, there’s a further 20% discount if you begin your tour from the Cycle Touring Festival itself. We’ll organise a big group send‐off on the Sunday. Get in touch if you want to be part of this.
Finally… we need your help!
Even if you aren’t interested, or you’re too far away from Lancashire or the UK, you can still help us spread the word about the Cycle Touring Festival.
Please take a couple of minutes to help us spread the word by clicking the Tweet/Like links, either below this post or on the event website, sharing the event with your own circles. (This really will make a massive difference!)
I hope I’ll see many of you at this, the UK’s very first Cycle Touring Festival, and that we’ll make it a truly special event. Don’t forget your bike!